The Mobile Police Station will be coming to the village on Saturday 21st April between 13.30 to 15.30. It will be parked at the Co-Op, Bedford Road.
This is an opportunity for you, as members of the community, to go along to discuss any concerns you may have regarding crime and/or crime prevention with officers from Bedfordshire Police.
Central Bedfordshire Council is consulting on possible changes to bin collections to houses in Central Bedfordshire (not flats).
The Council's waste contract comes to an end in 2019 and gives them an opportunity to consider different options for harmonising the service, increasing efficiency and increasing recycling levels.
The options for change are:
1. A weekly food waste collection for everyone. Residents would be supplied with a food waste caddy.
2. New options for fortnightly recycling collections, one of which includes a glass collection for everyone.
3. Collection of domestic waste (black bin) once every three weeks.
4. Optional year-round fortnightly collection of garden waste, which customers will be charged for. Approximate charge £40/year.
Waste services remaining unchanged:
- Separate collection of small electrical items, batteries, textile and large bulky item collections.
- Clinical waste collections will not change, and will continue to be collected weekly.
- The four Household Waste Recycling Centres (tidy tips) will continue to open 7 days a week in Ampthill, Leighton Buzzard, Biggleswade and Dunstable/Thorn Turn.
In order to support residents to recycle, everyone will be able to request a larger recycling bin (up to 360 litres) free of charge.
The Consultation is now open and closes at 5pm on Friday 20th April 2018.
For more information or to complete an online questionnaire please go to Central Bedfordshire Council's website using the following link:
Alternatively there are a limited number of hard copies of the questionnaire at the Post Office, Bedford Road, Marston Moreteyne.
There is currently a vacancy on the Parish Council.
The Parish Council works hard to maintain and improve facilities in the village, including playgrounds, allotments, new cemetery and the environment.
Meetings of the full council are held every third Tuesday, with the exception of August and December. Councillors also sit on either the Finance or Planning Committees. These meet on the first Tuesday of each month, all year.
If you feel you could make an active contribution to life in the village and are interested in becoming a councillor, please contact the Parish Clerk on 01234 743598 for more information and an application form.
The closing date for submission of applications is 19th February 2018.
Use the calendar or list of months to view entries made on those dates.
- April 2018
- March 2018
- January 2018
- June 2017
- May 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- November 2015
- September 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- November 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013