The Old Rectory is a Grade II listed building standing in five acres of ground with a moat and pond to the East and South of the property.
The earliest part of the house, facing the centre of the village of Marston, was built around 1759 and was timber framed with stone foundations and a thatched roof. Subsequent alterations and extensions, including brick cladding of the original building, continued until 1884 when the house looked much as it does today.
Rumours about the Rectory include one that Oliver Cromwell once visited, and also that a secret tunnel linked the Rectory to the Church. Neither of these has yet been proven.